Welcome back to Dolloween HQ! If you joined me yesterday, you would know that we spent some time picking out a costume for dolls. I also mentioned something about a costume contest. For those of you who didn’t read yesterday’s post, you can find the link to it ~here~ .
Today we will be talking about some snacks that we could do, but first, we need to drop by Julie’s house. She has a friend over named Ella, and Ella needs some snack ideas for her Halloween party. Let’s drop in!
“Well, I really want to make something, I just don’t know what!”
“Hey, Ella, I have an idea. You grab the apron, and meet me in the kitchen.”
Ella put on the apron and went to the kitchen, while Julie ran over to the front door to get her backpack.
When Julie got back to the kitchen, Ella asked her what she had brought.
“A muffin recipe!” was Julie’s enthusiastic reply. “Here.” Julie handed the paper to Ella.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled.
- 1/3 cup melted butter.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Pinch of salt.
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and put cupcake wrappers into a muffin tin (or a mini muffin tin if these are for a Dolloween party)
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4. Spoon the batter evenly into your muffin tin. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
6. Take the muffins out and enjoy!
I got the recipe here. It was a recipe for banana bread to begin with, so that’s what it’ll taste like.
THIS POST ISN’T OVER YET.
What about candy at a Dolloween party? I would recommend buying candies such a Raisinets, Skittles, Reese’s Pieces, or M&M’s.
Yesterday when I mentioned the costume party…
You’ll still have to wait until Thursday for details.
*evil laugh* ~CONFETTI~
BYE FOR NOW! SEE YOU TOMORROW at Dolloween!